Dr. Jay Kansal
Dr. Jay Kansal is originally from the Chicago area. He attended Indiana University as an undergrad, where he was on the Chancellor's List every semester. After only three years of undergraduate studies, Dr. Kansal was accepted to several dental schools, an honor fewer than 1% of dentists can claim. Dr. Kansal decided to attend the prestigious Ivy League University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine, a dental school that is consistently ranked in the top 10 dental schools in the U.S.
After graduating from the University of Pennsylvania, Dr. Kansal completed an optional residency at Pitt County Memorial Hospital in Greenville, NC. Dr. Kansal completed six months of advanced dentistry and operating room training along with four months of hospital rotations including anesthesia, family medicine, ENT, and emergency care.
Dr. Kansal is dedicated to providing the best dental care and staying current with the newest dental advancements. He consistently takes five times the legal requirement of continuing education, completing more than 100 hours a year. He recently received his fellowship in the Academy of General Dentistry - an accomplishment fewer than 10% of dentists worldwide achieve. He has studied with the top dental clinicians in the U.S. including the Scottsdale Center for Dentistry, the Pankey Institute for Advanced Dental Education, Dr. Gordon Christensen, and Dr. Ross Nash among many others.
Dr. Kansal has received multiple awards, including:
- Kudzu’s Best of 2015
- OpenCare Patients’ Choice Winner 2015
- America's Top Dentists 2010-2015
- Atlanta Magazine and 5 Star Professional- Atlanta's Top Dentists 2014
- Fellow in the American Academy of General Dentistry
- Los Angeles Institute of Clinical Dentistry- one of only 50 out of 2500 members, and the youngest member to complete the continuum
- Who’s Who Among Professionals 2008
- Limoli Practice Management Award 2007
- Community Service Honors 2007
- Psi Omega National Achievement Award 2007
Dr. Kansal is a member of both the Academy of General Dentistry and the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry.